is a free packet sniffer computer application. It is used for network troubleshooting, analysis, software and communications protocol development, and education.
Main features found in Wireshark:
- Data can be captured "from the wire" from a live network connection or read from a file that records the already-captured packets.
- Live data can be read from a number of types of network, including Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 and PPP.
- Captured network data can be browsed via a GUI or via the terminal version of the utility, tshark.
- Captured files can be programmatically edited or converted via command-line switches to the "editcap" program.
- Display filters can also be used to selectively highlight and color packet summary information.
- Data display can be refined using a display filter.
- Hundreds of protocols can be dissected.
For further information see:
No comments |
You can login using your Facebook account:
You will be temporarily redirected to Facebook web-site to perform authentication.
|Mozilla||Open source Web browser and e-mail clients|
|Ubuntu||The free operating system, easy to install and use|
|OpenOffice||a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project|
|Eclipse||an extensible development platform and application frameworks for building software|
|Wireshark||Network protocol analyzer|
|PSPad||text and code editor|
|Dictionary||Free dictionary on Android|
|Apache||the world's most popular HTTP server|
|OpenStreetMap||Free maps for everyone!|
|Arduino Experiments||Building interactive things with Arduino|
|VisualAp||Visual framework for building application and systems|
|Avast||Free antivirus - avast! Home Edition|
|GIMP||GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP)|
|VeraCrypt||Free open-source disk encryption software|
|NSIS||Nullsoft Scriptable Install System|
|Thesaurus||Thesaurus Web Service|
|VideoLAN||VLC media player|
|Security in-a-box||Security in-a-box, i.e. how to defend your privacy and liberty!|
|Tor||Tor: be anonymous!|
|Wikileaks||Wikileaks, because we need to know the true!|