Synonyms for substitute
Synonyms of substitute
- (adj) second-string, secondary (similar term)
- (adj) utility, secondary (similar term)
- (adj) ersatz, artificial (similar term), unreal (similar term)
- (noun) replacement, equivalent
- (noun) reserve, second-stringer, athlete, jock
- (noun) stand-in, relief, reliever, backup, backup man, fill-in, peer, equal, match, compeer
- (verb) replace, exchange, change, interchange
- (verb) sub, stand in, fill in, exchange, change, interchange
- (verb) deputize, deputise, step in, supplant, replace, supersede, supervene upon, supercede
The term substitute is identified in base64 scheme by the sequence c3Vic3RpdHV0ZQ==, while the MD5 signature is equal to 30baf0837b1972f86bc7492024cef370.
The ASCII encoding of substitute in hexadecimal notation is 73756273746974757465.
Download the free dictionary for Android →
Next lemmas: substituting
| substitution class
This program is based on the thesauri dictionaries of OpenOffice
according to the LGPL license.